Review: EMAX NightHawk Pro 280 vs Walkera Runner 250
Watch the above video for a great review of the EMAX NightHawk Pro 280 and quick comparison vs the popular FPV racer, the Walkera Runner 250, to see the key differences between these two popular drone racers.
More detailed product features and information.
Emax NightHawk Pro 280
From the EMAX website, some key Emax NightHawk Pro 280 features and intro
- Power system: EMAX 2204 2300 kV motors
- new Skylight 32 integrated flight control board with four 12Amp BLHeli One shot speed controllers.
- Independent designed solid, durable and stable frame, centroid and center of gravity are same even battery installed
- Prebuilt frame and extra accessories, Built with powerful EMAX power system and open source flight controller to ensure power and customizable (RTF model can fly after battery and propellers installed)
- The sturdy copter frame has extensive flight test and endurance test.
- Bright COB rear LED, different LED color can use distinguish copters when group flying (LED power consumption is 4W, which might decrease flying times.)
- All in one design to combine ESC, BEC, and flight controller for easy installation and easy replacement. Plug and play motor, easy for swapping motor and no soldering needed.
- Independent. Independent ESC and flight controller and power supply. ESC switch to perform single ESC calibration and boot pad to perform software and firmware upgrade.
- Flight controller use 32bit ARM micro processor, fast process speed to ensure fast respond
- Gyroscope, magnetometer, and accelerometer and barometer expansion port. With CPPM receiver GPS feature can be enable. (GPS module sold separately)
- Support ANGLE, HORIZON, HEADFREE, MAG, HEADADJ …etc modes.
- Support RC Input: standard signal, CPPM (PPM SUM) signal, PWM singal.
- Low voltage monitoring and low voltage warning. (Buzzer sold separately)
- Use EMAX 12A ESC, support open source BLHeli and ONESHOT feature;
- Extra power output and power output switch for LED expansion.
- Flight Weight: 440g(No Battery Included )
- Frame Size: 252mm*260mm*75mm
- Motor: MT2204(Customization Version)
- ESC: BLheli 12A 4in1(Integrate on board)
- Propellers: 6045 mounted on a 10 degree tilt allowing greater forward speeds without sacrificing elevation.
- Flight controller: based on NAZE32 Skyline32 (Integrated on board)
- FPV transmitter: 20W-200W video transmitter with a selectable switch
- Antenna: 5.8G Clover 3 Blade Antenna Straight Connector
- FPV Camera: 1/3-inch CMOS; 700TVL camera with optional tilt mounts that allow you a perfect horizontal view in flight
You can also download a copy of the NightHawk Pro Instruction Manual
Walkera Runner 250
A great video of the Walkera Runner 250 Setup and Flight Test
From the Walkera website, here are some key features of the Walkera Runner 250
- Speeds of 35-40Km/h
- Control up to a distance of 1Km
- Main rotor dia = 140mm
- Overall LxWxH = 225 x 205 x 92mm
- Weight (including battery) = 530g
- Brushless Motor = WK-WS-28-014(CW/CCW)
- Battery = 11.1V 2200mAh 25C 3S LiPo
- Flight Time = 12 – 14 mins
- Camera resolution = 800TVL
- Receiver = DEVO-RX710
- Remote = DEVO F7/Devo 7
More details about the Walkera Runner 250 from its User Manual
Category: FPV Review, Latest, Review / Test