While there are a lucky few who are born with thick, luscious hair, most people have to continually look for ways to increase the volume of their locks. Factors such as aging, stress levels, and genetics can significantly cause your hair to become thin.
Thinning of the hair is not avoidable, but by combining the right strategies and hair products, you can make your hair fuller and healthier. Below is a look at some hair techniques, lifestyle changes, and hair products that can enable you to have the thick hair that you have always been yearning for.
How to Thicken Hair
Use the Right Hair Products
One of the biggest causes of thin hair is the use of wrong hair products. Avoid shampoos, conditioners, or styling products formulated with harsh chemicals. While some hair products containing chemicals may clean your hair, long-term use may end up doing more harm than good.
For instance, most shampoos contain Sodium Laureth and Laureth Sulfate, which act as cleaning agents. Extensive use of chemicals strips the hair its natural oil, causes it to weaken and fall over time. Remember, the Pantene Agedefy, the better.
Essential Oils to Thicken Your Hair
Essential oil set such as chamomile, lavender, thyme, Indian gooseberry oil, and geranium as well as cedar wood contain properties that can help thicken your hair follicles.
- Apply about 10 to 20 drops of the oil of your choice on the scalp and massage your head in a circular motion using your finger to increase the rate of permeation.
- You may also consider mixing 3 to 5 drops of essential oil with your conditioner or shampoo whenever you’re washing your hair.
- Be sure to do some research before settling for the oil because some oils will work better than others based on the type of hair according to a study published in the Journal of Cosmetic Science.
Use Volumizing Techniques
There is a host of volume boosting Keranique products on the market that you may use to thicken your hair. Try KeraniqueVolumizing Shampoo-Conditioner Duo
- Apply the volumizing conditioner to the strands and the roots of the hair each time you shampoo. Be careful not to use the conditioner too close to the roots of the hair. Doing so makes your hair appear thinner and weighed down
- Use root lifter and volumizing sprays every time you’re styling your hair to get the fullness that you want.
Make Lifestyle Tweaks
Eating a healthy, well-balanced diet rich in vitamin B and iron can help thicken your hair. Nutrient deficiency is as one of the causes of thin hair.
- Vitamin B, for instance, is essential for healthy hair, and getting sufficient amounts will not only thicken the hair but also prevent hair loss. Excellent sources of vitamin B include vegetables, fruits, and nuts as well as brown rice.
- Eat a diet rich in iron. Good sources of iron include beef, lamb, poultry, fish, pork, and green leafy vegetables.
- Prenatal vitamin supplements can also come in handy when you’re trying to thicken your hair. They contain the right mix of vitamins for healthy hair.
You may also:
- Try over the counter hair growth products
- Go for instant hair thickeners
- Consider hair transplant
- Opt out for hair extensions
…Before you Go, Remember to Take Care of your Hair
Thickening your hair is one thing, but taking good care of your strands is entirely different. See, it takes time to increase your hair’s volume. It makes perfect sense, therefore, to look after your hair once you achieve the results.
Invest in hair care appliances such as a drier to help straighten your strand. Moisturize as regularly as you can and don’t forget to apply oil and other products to improve your overall look. And, if you’re scouting for a hairdryer that’s worth your money, you can visit Oomphed to view the top rated options on the market right now.
The Bottom Line
Indeed, you don’t have to buy extensions to make your hair look thick. You can get an appealing look if you know the right products to use. You only need to make sure that what you’re using is safe for your hair, so be sure to read the product’s label for ingredients.